Descanso Gardens

I decided to venture out of the desert yesterday to take a two hour ride to Descanso Gardens, near Pasadena, to view its beautiful botanical gardens. The gardens were developed by the wealthy newspaper publisher E. Manchester Brody who built an estate on the land which is available today for public viewing.  The County of Los Angeles acquired the Descanso property in the 1950s. Local volunteers formed the Descanso Garden Guild in 1957 to maintain and care for the land.


The cherry blossoms and camellias for which Descanso is well-known were not in bloom during my visit but there were plenty of exquisite vistas which I captured on my walk through the gardens that I'd like to present here. 








Share this Photos :

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Venus Net | Pagak City
Copyright © 2014. citoyendurable - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Together
Proudly powered by Tube Girl