Broadway Bares XXIII: United Strips Of America

 
 

I attended Broadway Bares XXIII: United Strips Of America last night at Roseland. Broadway Cares/Equity Fights Aids is my favorite charity, raising an amazing amount of badly-needed money for Aids Treatment and Education. Broadway Bares stages the very best events featuring the hottest dancers on Broadway, taking off all their clothing in the name of charity. What could be better than that? That said, I have to admit that last night's show was simply not their best. In fact, it was one of the weakest of their productions that I've attended. Somehow the theme of the show, strip-teases for various states in the union, never quiet took off. The show was lacking that element of surprise that made previous shows such as Happy Endings and Masterpiece so great. Even the aerial artists which are always the highlight of these events seemed to be retreads of old routines. Some of my opinion of this event may have been clouded by the fact that I couldn't see much of the show. The sight lines at Roseland are simply horrendous. Even my wonderful husband had trouble seeing the show, and he's well over six foot tall! I just wonder why Broadway Bares goes through such trouble to produce this elaborate event with over 200 dancers and stage technicians, only to have its production concepts wasted on a venue in which all one can see is a top of a lot of heads, obstructing the view. I know this sounds like a hedge but the video I recorded at this event is somewhat limited in quality. I've made a compilation out of the highlights from the production and you may view it on Vimeo at the following link: 



 




























Share this Photos :

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Venus Net | Pagak City
Copyright © 2014. citoyendurable - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Together
Proudly powered by Tube Girl