Happy 85th Birthday, Barbara Cook !



That amazing powerhouse of song Barbara Cook is celebrating her 85th birthday with a concert this Thursday night at Carnegie Hall in New York. Ms. Cook has always been a personal favorite of mine, having starred in The Music Man, one of the first Broadway shows I ever saw as a little boy. Barbara's voice has darkened a bit and maybe there's a slight wobble that becomes pronounced now in her high notes but by and large, her musical instrument is remarkably preserved. I'm featuring here a video from a concert she gave in 1999 in Melbourne, Australia in which she sang a song by Amanda Bloom entitled "Errol Flynn". It's a Country and Western style ballad that neatly invokes old Hollywood dreams and loses that never fails to bring a tear to my eye, when I think about my own relationship with my now deceased father. Hope you enjoy it. 
Share this Photos :

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Venus Net | Pagak City
Copyright © 2014. citoyendurable - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Together
Proudly powered by Tube Girl